On Tuesday, Tony Locey, Tim Elliott and LJ Talley become the second, third and fourth Bulldogs to be selected in the 2019 MLB Draft, joining Monday’s second round pick Aaron Schunk.

Tony Locey

Locey, a semifinalist for 2019 National Pitcher of the Year, was chosen in the third round with the 96th pick by the St. Louis Cardinals. Locey is a strong right-hander who finished this past season with a 2.53 ERA and an 11-2 record, as well as being named the Southeastern Conference Pitcher of the Week twice.

In his three-year career at Georgia, he appeared in 59 games, earning a 20-8 record with a 3.92 ERA. His most memorable performance of this past season was his 7-inning, one-hit showing in the 3-1 series-clinching win against No. 5 Vanderbilt.

Locey helped the Bulldogs earn the fourth overall seed for the NCAA Championships by holding opposing batters to a .168 batting average. He also was a key contributor to the new school season records in strikeouts, with the team earning 601.

Many evaluators have Locey profiling best as a reliever, with a dependable fastball reaching the upper-nineties and a slider that is still developing into a nice second-pitch option.

Tim Elliott

The next Bulldog off the board was junior pitcher Tim Elliott in the fourth round, at pick No. 126 to the Seattle Mariners. Elliott is a right-hander with an impressive 2.38 ERA and a 7-3 record during his breakout 2019 season. He relies on his low-to-mid 90’s fastball as well as making batters miss with a late-breaking changeup.

Elliott spent his first two seasons at Georgia as a reliever and holds a career 3.10 ERA in 41 appearances. In his last performance as a Bulldog, Elliott only allowed two hits in a complete game shutout against Florida Atlantic, as they won 13-0 in an elimination game during the NCAA regionals. It was his first career complete game and only the third NCAA postseason shutout in Georgia history.

Elliott has also excelled off the field as much as he has on it, as he is a three-time member of the Academic All-Southeastern Conference team. He is also on the ballot for the Academic All-American team.

LJ Talley

With the 207th pick in the seventh round, senior second-baseman LJ Talley was selected by the Toronto Blue Jays. Talley, who was a four-year starter at Georgia, finished off his final season with a .332 batting average, as well as eight home runs and 41 RBI’s. Talley has improved his batting average each season playing for the Bulldogs, with this year seeing the largest jump going from .276 a season ago.

Although Talley shows impressive stats at the plate, it isn’t the only dimension to his game. The most consistent aspect of his game may be shown with a .977 career fielding percentage in 199 starts, as well as posting a school record .989 fielding percentage as a freshman. Talley was also named to this years SEC All-Defensive team.  

The four Bulldogs already selected in this year's draft passes last years total of three and the draftees look to continue the streak of 46 straight seasons of at least one player signing a professional contract.