190419_ks_BaseballvsMissouri_007.jpg

Georgia freshman Cole Wilcox (13) pitches the ball to a Missouri batter. The University of Georgia baseball team hosted Missouri for the second game of the series on April 19, 2019 in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Kathryn Skeean)

University of Georgia pitchers Cole Wilcox and Emerson Hancock were both invited to join the United States Baseball Collegiate National Team summer camp on Friday.

Hancock, a right-hander from Cairo, Ga. is already on the 24-man final roster for the CNT, after an impressive sophomore campaign. The first team All-Southeastern Conference selection went 8-3 with a 1.99 ERA in 14 starts this past season. In 90.1 innings, the 6-foot-4, 215 pounder registered 97 strikeouts and walked only 18 batters while holding the opposition to a .185 batting average.

As for the right-hander Wilcox, he will be on the training camp roster and will have to earn a spot on the 26-man squad and ultimately the final 24-man team. In his first season, the Chickamauga, Ga. native earned SEC All-Freshman honors after going 3-2 with a 4.07 ERA in 11 appearances. In 59.2 innings, he struck out 64 batters and walked 38.

The 2019 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team will participate in series of four exhibition games later this month and a match against the Coastal Plain League Select squad before announcing a 26-man roster.

Then after traveling to Taiwan for the Chinese Taipei International Friendship Series, the 24-man squad that travels to Japan for the Japan Collegiate All-Star Series in late July will be announced.

The two projected first round picks in the 2020 MLB Draft would not be the first ever Bulldogs to tour with the USA Summer Team.

Previous Bulldogs who took the same route include pitcher Cris Carpenter (1987), pitcher Dave Fleming (1989), pitcher Brian Powell (1994), catcher Clint Sammons (2002), shortstop Kyle Farmer (2012) and pitcher Robert Tyler (2015).