190914_GMA_ArkStatePregame0004.jpg

Georgia and Arkansas State fans alike gather on Georgia’s campus to tailgate and prepare for the game. The Georgia Bulldogs face the Arkansas State Red Wolves on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Gabriella Audi https://gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

The UGA Athletic Association announced Tuesday it will not allow on-campus tailgating at Georgia's four home games this fall.

Other teams in the SEC, including Alabama, Auburn and LSU, have banned on-campus tailgating as well in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among thousands of incoming spectators.

Campus parking lots will open three hours before kickoff, and fans may gather beside their vehicles with those they plan to sit with during the game. Every person in a vehicle must have a ticket for that day's game.

The UGAAA requires fans to wear face-coverings and keep six feet of distance between others when interacting with people outside of their group.

Although the association said it has no authority to monitor off-campus, pregame gatherings, it directs people to be cautious in order to prevent outbreaks of COVID-19.