Kwanza Johnson

Kwanza Johnson has resigned as an UGA assistant men's basketball coach and will move on to a similar job at Texas Christian University.

Georgia basketball assistant coach Kwanza Johnson has resigned and will accept a similar assignment at Texas Christian University, according to an announcement Friday by head coach Mark Fox.

Johnson completed his fourth season on the Georgia staff, having made the transition with Fox from their previous post at the University of Nevada. The Oklahoma native joined Fox's staff in Reno in time for the 2006-07 season. A 1995 graduate of the University of Tulsa, Johnson played collegiately for former Georgia coach Tubby Smith before earning a law degree from Tulsa in 1999.

"Kwanza is like family to me. He's one of my best friends, not only in the coaching business but in life," Fox said. "He's done a great job for us the past seven years, both at Nevada and here at Georgia, so his contributions to our staff will be missed. We certainly wish him and his family the very best."

TCU is coached by Trent Johnson, another close associate of Fox and who preceded him as head coach at Nevada from 2000-04.

A job posting for the assistant coach position was placed on the UGA site late Thursday. The experience needed to apply for the job is: a Bachelors degree (required), masters degree (preferred) as well as previous coaching/playing experience (NCAA division I preferred) and strong technical skills. The work hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as well as nights and weekends, according to the posting.