181103_rmw_uga_uk_secondhalf_00158.jpg

Georgia offensive tackle Cade Mays (77) speaks to someone after a game at Kroger Field in Lexington, Kentucky, on Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018. The Bulldogs beat the Wildcats 34-17. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

Georgia football offensive lineman Cade Mays is transferring to Tennessee, as announced by Tennessee's official Twitter on Thursday. It was first reported by ESPN's Mark Schlabach on Jan. 8.

Jeff Zenitz of AL.com first reported that Mays entered the transfer portal on Jan. 8.

Mays' father, Kevin Mays, is suing both the University of Georgia and chair company Mity-Lite after an incident where his pinky finger was caught in a chair and partly amputated.

Cooper Mays, a four-star center and Cade’s younger brother, signed with the Volunteers on Dec. 18. Kevin Mays, the father of Cade and Cooper, also played at Tennessee in the early 1990s.

Mays was featured in all 14 games for the Bulldogs and started in 11. He saw action at every position on the offensive line and played every snap at left tackle in Georgia's Sugar Bowl win over No. 7 Baylor on Jan. 1.

Besides the loss of Mays, three other offensive linemen have announced their departures. All-American Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Wilson and Solomon Kindley all announced that they would be entering the NFL draft.