BrianHerrien

Running back Brian Herrien (35) runs the ball into the sidelines at Jordan-Hare Stadium just before colliding with photographer Chamberlain Smith.

Chamberlain Smith, a photographer for the University of Georgia Athletic Association, has been released from the hospital after getting knocked unconscious during the Georgia-Auburn game on Saturday, according to a sports communications press release. She was treated at the East Alabama Medical Center.

On Sunday morning, Smith provided an update on social media, saying that she suffered a concussion. 

Georgia running back Brian Herrien collided with Smith when he ran out of bounds after catching a short pass from Jake Fromm in Auburn territory late in the second quarter. Smith was then carted off the field in front of a silenced stadium. 

Smith's mother commented on the situation via Facebook.  

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart started his postgame press conference with a comment about Smith. 

“I want to open up with thoughts and prayers going out to Chamberlain Smith, the young lady that works on staff, got hit over on the sideline, a really scary moment," Smart said. "I know Brian (Herrien) felt really sick about it. It’s a tough deal. But hopefully she’s going to be OK, and I think she is."

Note: Smith is a former staff photographer at The Red & Black.