The Georgia Bulldogs wrapped up a busy weekend of competition in many different sports, highlighted by the GymDogs picking up their first road win, Georgia softball kicking off its season and both basketball teams playing at home with opposite results.

190210_jca_wbasketball_01.jpg

The University of Georgia women's basketball team storms the court before a game against the University of Florida at Stegeman Coliseum on Feb. 10, 2019 in Athens, Georgia. The Lady Dawgs defeated the Gators with an enormous point deficit of 93-58 in regular time. (Photo/Julian Alexander)

Basketball

The Georgia men’s basketball team continued its skid on Saturday at Stegeman Coliseum, falling to Ole Miss 80-64. The Bulldogs are now 1-9 in SEC play and have lost eight straight conference games. Only Vanderbilt has a worse record in conference play at 0-10. The outlook remains grim for Georgia in its first season under Tom Crean.

The Georgia women’s basketball team took the court on Sunday with an opposite result, dominating Florida at Stegeman Coliseum 93-58. It was a much-needed win for the Bulldogs, who had lost four of their last five match-ups before Sunday. But Georgia is still searching for some more quality wins, as Florida is just 6-18 overall and 2-9 in conference play.

190201_jca_gymdawgs_010.jpg

Rachel Dickson high-fives teammates at a University of Georgia gymnastics meet against Arkansas on Feb. 1, 2019 at Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, Georgia. The Gym Dawgs defeated their opponents 197.475 - 196.125 after all events. (Photo/Julian Alexander)

Gymnastics

The Georgia GymDogs continued their recent run of success on Friday, picking up their first road win of the season at Missouri. The GymDogs scored a 196.3 in the win, besting Missouri’s 195.9. Georgia is currently ranked No. 6 in the country with an average score of 196.608.

180407_emh_softballvsmissouri_0001.JPG

Georgia outfielder Cortni Emanuel (1) hits the ball in a softball game against Missouri at Jack Tuner Softball Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, April 7, 2018. Emanuel was the first Georgia player to get on a base. (Photo/ Emily Haney, emilyhaney.com)

Softball

The sixth-ranked Georgia softball team kicked off its season on Friday at the Florida Atlantic First Pitch Classic in Boca Raton, Florida. Play began with a doubleheader on Friday, when the Bulldogs dominated both opponents, defeating St. John’s 10-1 and Florida Atlantic 4-1. Georgia stayed perfect on Saturday, beating Bethune-Cookman 12-0 and then coming from behind to beat Virginia 15-7. On Sunday, though, the Bulldogs suffered their first loss of the season, a 6-4 defeat at the hands of Indiana. They mounted a comeback in the bottom of the seventh inning but couldn’t pull out a victory, finishing the weekend with a 4-1 record.

02032019_crj_tennis_uga_gatech_0083.jpg

University of Georgia Alex Diaz, redshirt sophomore, hits the ball during the tennis match against Georgia Tech at the Lindsey Hopkins Indoor Tennis Courts in Athens, Georgia on Sunday, Feb. 3, 2019. The Bulldogs defeated the Yellow Jackets 4-0. (Photo/Caitlin Jett)

Tennis

Both Georgia tennis teams were in action over the weekend. The fifth-ranked women’s team opened play at the ITA National Women’s Team Indoor Championship on Friday in Seattle with a 4-2 win over NC State to advance to the quarterfinals. The Bulldogs were scheduled to face No. 2 Vanderbilt on Saturday, but the quarterfinal round was postponed to Sunday due to heavy snowfall. On Sunday, Georgia rallied past the Commodores for a 4-3 win to advance to the semifinals against No. 1 Stanford on Monday.

The 24th-ranked men’s team suffered a 4-0 shutout at the hands of No. 2 Ohio State on Sunday in Columbus, Ohio. The Bulldogs dropped to 1-3 on the season after the loss.

190209_MG_UGAEquestVsTAM_-0476.jpg

University of Georgia freshman, Courtney Blumer from Monroe, NC. competes with Smoke in the reining event during a meet against Texas A&M on February 9, 2019 at the University of Georgia Equestrian Complex in Bishop, GA. Georgia won the reigning event 3-2. (Photo/Maya Giro)

Equestrian

The eighth-ranked Georgia equestrian team pulled off an upset over No. 2 Texas A&M on Saturday at the UGA Equestrian Complex. It was the Bulldogs’ second SEC win of the season and the second time they defeated Texas A&M in the 2018-2019 season.

Track & field

The Georgia track and field teams competed at the Tyson Invitational in Fayetteville, Arkansas, on Friday and Saturday. On Friday, junior Amber Tanner finished second in the women’s 800 meters and recorded the third fastest time in school history on the event. On Saturday, junior Ansley Heavern won the women’s 3,000 meters, while junior Michael Hans won the same event on the men’s side. Senior Denzel Comenentia took first in the shot put and set a new school record with his throw.

Women’s golf

The Georgia women’s golf team began play at the Lady Puerto Rico Classic on Sunday. The Bulldogs finished the first round in seventh place with an 11-over-par 299, 10 shots back of the leader, Arkansas. Freshman Harmie Constantino led the Bulldogs on Sunday with an even-par 72. The Bulldogs continue play on Monday, teeing off at 9 a.m.