Caliya Robinson vs Tennessee

Georgia's Caliya Robinson (4) during the Lady Bulldogs' game against Tennessee at Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, Ga., on Sunday, February 5, 2017. (Photo by Cory A. Cole)

Georgia women’s basketball junior Caliya Robinson was named to the 2017 Preseason All-Southeastern Conference Second Team on Nov. 1.

Robinson ranks in the top-10 of returning scorers and rebounders in the SEC. She finished the 2016-17 season ranked third in the conference with 69 total blocks. As a sophomore, she finished second on the team in points per game with 13.7 and first on the team in field goal percentage and defensive rebounds.

In her sophomore season last year, Robinson finished strong, averaging close to 16 points and over eight rebounds per game over the last 10 games. She was named the ESPNW National Player of the Week in February, having scored 20 points in a game at Arkansas and 28 points in a double-overtime win over Tennessee.

“Caliya’s numbers speak for themselves,” head coach Joni Taylor said. “To rank in the top-10 in scoring and rebounding in this league is a huge accomplishment. What we have talked to Caliya about this season is being consistent. She has worked extremely hard since the end of last year to do that, and you can see the growth and maturity she is now displaying.”