SGA apps

It’s finally here. The highly anticipated student mobile application made its way into the hands of University of Georgia students on Monday.

Editor's Note: The app's location system is still in the installation and testing phases. While some data might look accurate, it should not be considered as such until the system has been fully installed and tested.

The highly anticipated bus app called RouteShout is now available for University of Georgia students to download onto their smartphone devices — free of charge.

RouteShout is an application users can download to help locate when and where the next desired bus will be.

Elizabeth Valerio, a freshman international affairs and magazine journalism major from Augusta, said she cannot wait to use RouteShout because it will help her select the right bus to take her to her desired destination.

“I asked an upperclassmen once to tell me which bus to take to get to the Georgia Center, and he said Orbit,” Valerio said, “Let the record show that Orbit does not take you to the Georgia Center. So I got to see the entirety of UGA’s campus and be late for work. Hopefully that won’t happen again.”

Ron Hamlin, UGA campus transit manager, said he has wanted this project to become a reality for the last decade and said he is more than happy plans are beginning to follow through.

“Students can better plan their schedules and utilize their time better,” Hamlin said, “It takes the mystery out of it all. You can use the bus app to see when the bus is coming. Right now we’re in the testing stages, so no one should be relying heavily on this yet.”

He also said that the RouteShout app is only one part of the project that aims to better serve the roughly 40,000 riders per day.

“The total project involves GPS hardware for the buses, updated software, man response and the RouteShout app,” Hamlin said, “The whole package costs about a half million dollars.”

According to UGA’s transit system’s website, “The University of Georgia Campus Transit System carries the largest volume of passengers of any university transit system in the United States. Annual ridership is second in the state of Georgia to the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA).”

Hamlin said he has waited the last 10 years for this project to be put into the works and is excited that the app is finally here.

Marshall Mosher, a senior biology, psychology and economics major from John’s Creek, is the vice president of the Student Government Association and was a SGA senator his sophomore year who worked closely with campus transit to initiate this project.

“SGA has been working with campus transit since I was a senator my sophomore year back in 2010,” Mosher said, “The app has been strongly desired by the students, and it was really necessary for our campus.”

Mosher said that SGA looked at several different providers that could have provided similar services, but RouteShout offered what both students and campus transit wanted at the cheapest cost.

“Right now it just offers the schedule that campus transit pushes out to it,” Mosher said, “When you go on the app, you can pull up the data by bus stop, and you’ll see which buses are coming and when they’ll arrive. Once the GPS software is installed onto the buses, you’ll be able to pull up a map on your phone showing where the buses are live.”

Mosher also said that app will be helpful for students, particularly students relying on the transit system late at night.

“I can definitely recall many different nights when I would stand out at the Tate bus stop really late at night wondering when the bus would come, trying to figure out if I should wait for the bus or take the 20 minute walk about to my apartment,” Mosher said.

He said the RouteShout app will not be fully functional until after spring break.

“Students can go ahead and download the app with the caution that the schedule showing is an estimated schedule,” Mosher said, “Once the app is fully functioning, SGA and UGA campus transit would really appreciate any feedback students may have concerning the app, and we’ll see what we can do to help.”

Account

Much thanks to you for the redesign, extremely pleasant site.. cheap Every Door Direct Mail printing

Intel

a debt of gratitude is in order for this usefull article, sitting tight for this article like this once more. kit tattoo

Intel

a debt of gratitude is in order for this usefull article, sitting tight for this article like this once more. Catalog Printing

redandblack

i adore perusing this article so beautiful!!great work! going here

redandblack

Cool stuff you have and you keep redesign every one of us. read full report

redandblack

Much obliged for another superb post. Where else would anybody be able to get that sort of information in such a perfect method for composing? escorts lebanon

redandblack

Superb web journal! I discovered it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any proposals on the most proficient method to get recorded in Yahoo News? I"ve been striving for some time yet I never appear to arrive! Value it. escort in lebanon

redandblack

I read your website as often as possible and I just thought I'd say keep up the astonishing work! going here

Intel

Awesome Information sharing .. I am extremely cheerful to peruse this article .. much obliged for giving us experience info.Fantastic decent. I value this post. seo packages

This article is an engaging abundance of enlightening information that is intriguing and elegantly composed. I praise your diligent work on this and thank you for this data. You have what it takes to get consideration. buy blog comments

robinjack

I truly like your thoughts on the issue. I now have an unmistakable thought on what this matter is about.. SEO link building