marketing

Virtual events have become an alternative to in-person events during the COVID-19 pandemic. Check out what's happening in the Athens community this week. 

The campus and city news desks have compiled a list of virtual events going on throughout the upcoming week that are open to the public. The list features a virtual charity competition, a native plant sale and a stress relief workshop for international students.

Follow the links for more information for any event.

Monday, Sept. 28

Beat Week | Auburn vs. Georgia Giving Challenge

What: The University of Georgia and Auburn University will compete in a week of charitable giving leading up to Saturday’s football matchup between the schools. There will be a scoreboard keeping track of the donations to UGA throughout the week.

Time: Monday Sept. 28 through Oct. 3.

ACC Tiny Tales at the Zoo: Virtual

What: There will be a virtual story time, craft demonstration and animal meeting for children 6 years old and younger.

Time: 10:30–11 a.m.

Tuesday, Sept. 29

Dr. Josh Eyler Workshop: Why Failure Is Essential For Student Learning

What: Dr. Josh Eyler is giving a workshop on exploring research findings and working together to identify “opportunities for failure” in courses in order to help students maximize their learning.

Time: 3:45–5 p.m.

Wednesday, Sept. 30

Tea Well Workshop

What: A virtual workshop hosted by Be Well UGA to learn about tea, its benefits and how it can support well-being. 

Time: 2–2:30 p.m.

Body Positive UGA Workshop

What: Virtual workshop to help attendees build a foundation of awareness and skillfulness to pursue a healthy lifestyle for them and their body. 

Time: 3–4 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 1

Student Success Workshop: Study Skills and Strategies

What: A virtual workshop in which students will be introduced to the most efficient and effective study strategies for academic success in college and will learn best practices for reviewing course material for tests.

Time: 4–5 p.m.

Connect to Protect Native Plant Sale

What: An virtual plant sale of Georgia-native plants hosted by the State Botanical Garden of Georgia.

Time: Oct.1–Oct.27

Friday, Oct. 2

Workshop: Stress Relief for International Students

What: A virtual workshop focusing on learning strategies to reduce stress in a supportive environment, led by the UHC Center for Counseling and Psychiatric Services

Time: 9–9:50 a.m.

wjabbe

Why not a workshop on the benefits to human health of Vitamin C? Vitamin C was finally discovered as the cause of Scurvy the horrible disease sailors and seamen got when at sea long periods of time. Bleeding gums are an early form of scurvy. Today we know that Vitamin C, or Ascorbic Acid, is much more than a Vitamin; it is a medicine which is absolutely necessary for good health and disease prevention in higher animals and man. Most animals make their own Vitamin C and carry it with them for medical emergencies; humans do not. This is why it is essential to take the order of grams per day for good health and disease prevention. It only costs pennies per gram.

The late Fred Klenner, M.D. (1907-1984) cured all viral diseases up to polio with high dose vitamin C given mainly by needle. No one should attempt this on their own and of course the criminals in Big Pharma have made it almost impossible to purchase safe ampules for injection as they and their cronies in the FDA have obstructed his work for decades.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1991/pdf/1991-v06n02-p099.pdf

http://www.doctoryourself.com/klennerpaper.html

Winfield J. Abbe, Ph.D., Physics citizen for 54 years.