Miss UGA 2019

Briana Hayes, a sophomore from Baxley, Georgia, captured the Miss University of Georgia 2019 crown on Jan. 12, 2019. (Courtesy UGA Media Relations)

Briana Hayes was crowned Miss University of Georgia 2019 on Jan. 12 at the conclusion of the annual Miss UGA Scholarship Competition. Karson Pennington and Irielle Duncan were first and second-runner ups, respectively.

“Taking my first walk as Miss University of Georgia felt surreal,” Hayes said in a press release. “I am so grateful for the compassionate community I grew up in, and I am humbled to attend such an astounding university.”

In June, Hayes will move on to compete in the statewide Miss Georgia Scholarship Competition in Columbus, Georgia, where she will compete for a chance to represent Georgia in the 2020 Miss America Competition.

Off the stage, Hayes participates in a number of organizations, serving as a Student Government Association senator and a member of the Dean William Tate Honor Society.

Hayes, a sophomore health promotion student from Baxley, Georgia, plans to continue expanding her platform, “Creating Believers,” during her time as Miss UGA.