UGA College of Education

Pamela Whitten, the University of Georgia senior vice president for academic affairs and provost, has appointed a committee to fill the position of dean of the College of Education.

This nationwide search will look to replace current dean, Craig H. Kennedy.

Kennedy was recently named provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at the University of Connecticut and will fill that position April 1.

The search committee for a new dean is chaired by Michelle “Shelley” Nuss, campus dean of the Augusta University/UGA Medical Partnership, a UGA press release said.

Faculty and staff search committee members also include Kevin Ayres, Jane Barghothi, Usree Bhattacharya, Laine Bradshaw, Rob Branch, Ellen Evans, Andrew Garber, Jim Garrett, Ashley Harrison, Bernadette Heckman, Julie Luft, Christopher Mojock, Carolyn McNearny, Beth Tolley, Sheneka Williams and Victor Wilson.

Student search committee members include Marques Dexter and Cara Dunbar.

The UGA College of Education was founded in 1908 and is consistently ranked among the nation’s top research-intensive institutions. It offers more than a dozen undergraduate majors and approximately 90 graduate programs, making it one of the largest and most diverse public colleges of education.