Butts-Mehre Mug

Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall is home to Georgia football's weight room and practice facilities. Athletes began to return for NCAA and SEC-sanctioned summer workouts in facilities such as Butts-Mehre on June 8.

The University of Georgia Athletic Association announced Darrice Griffin as their new deputy director of administration in athletics on Dec. 20, according to an announcement made by Greg McGarity, the director of athletics.

Prior to arriving at UGA, Griffin served as the director of women’s basketball operations and special projects at Columbia University in 2009. She then served as the associate athletics director for intercollegiate sports programs for four years.

Griffin later served as senior associate director of athletics and senior woman administrator at the University of Massachusetts Amherst before being promoted to deputy director of athletics in 2015.

With over eight years of experience in student athletics, Griffin has overseen day-to-day operations regarding student-athletes and student competitions.

She has worked with organizations regarding football, soccer, softball and basketball. Griffin was also an active member of the president’s advisory committee on sexual assault when at Columbia.

A former Athlete herself, Griffin became a member of the All-Texas First team and the McDonald’s All-American team. Griffin was also awarded the 2004 Gatorade Player of the Year in Texas her senior year.

"We are very excited to welcome Darrice to the Bulldog Family,” said McGarity in the press release. “She is the perfect fit for our program. This is an important first step as we reorganize our administrative staff.”