Untitled-4.jpg

As the 2019 University of Georgia Student Government Association elections roll into action, two executive tickets are competing for the chance to hold the offices of president, vice president and treasurer. This year, only two tickets, ACT and Empower, are in the running.  (Photo/Christina Matacotta and Gabriella Audi)

SGA serves to represent students’ voices and concerns, and every year, the SGA elections give students the chance to elect who will represent them on campus next year.

In addition to the main ticket, students can also have the chance to vote for SGA senate candidates.

Between early campaigning sanctions and the SGA debate, this week saw full-fledged campaigning efforts from both sides. Next week will mark the beginning and end of the voting period.

On March 4, students can begin voting at 8 a.m. on the Involvement Fair website. The voting period will close on March 6 at noon, and the election results will be announced at 5 p.m. at the Tate Plaza Stage. The 32nd SGA administration will be inaugurated at the UGA Chapel on April 9.

IMG_3541.jpg

Asim Ahmed, Charley Claudio and Wesley Tillman (right to left), candidates for University of Georgia student government association president, vice president and treasurer, respectively, pose for a portrait on Monday, February 25, 2019 in Athens, Georgia. Ahmed, Claudio and Tillman make up the A.C.T. ticket. (Photo/Christina R. Matacotta, crmatacotta@gmail.com)

ACT UGA

empower sga

Nav Singh, Rachel Byers and Melissa Hevener (right to left), candidates for University of Georgia Student Government Association treasurer, president and vice president, respectively, pose for a portrait on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 in Athens, Georgia. Singh, Byers and Hevener make up the Empower ticket. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

Empower UGA