seat at the table

Leaders from Women in Business, Women in Media and HerCampus pose for their social media campaign for the inaugural "A Seat at the Table" conference, which will be held at the Zell B. Miller Learning Center on March 29.

To conclude Women’s History Month, Women in Business, Women in Media and HerCampus are hosting the inaugural “A Seat at the Table” conference, bringing together five professionals in the business and media industry, including several University of Georgia alumni. The event will be held at the Zell B. Miller Learning Center in room 101 on Friday, March 29 from 3 p.m.-6 p.m.

Attendees will hear from panelists Gralyn Daily, senior manager of production management at Turner Sports, Nikki Barjon, founder and owner of The Barjon Group, Nadia Rodrigues, senior manager at Credigy, and keynote speaker Heather Adams, member of the Grady Society Alumni Board and founder and CEO of Choice Media & Communications.

“This has been essentially a six month endeavor by three UGA organizations comprised of women for the purpose of serving women,” VP of Membership Relations for Women in Media Taylor Potter said.

Parker Middleton will be moderating the panelists and junior public relations major and YouTube content creator Lottie Smalley will introduce the event.

“I feel like this event is very important because in the era that we are in for women, especially in media and business … You’re seeing more women fighting for equality in the workforce, you see #MeToo going on,” President of Women in Media Jayda Hill said.

Hill stressed that this event is not only for women, but open to men as well.

The number of people registered for the event by Wednesday morning was 103. The attendance will be capped at around 200. Attendees are also able to submit questions for the panelists before the event.

The first 100 people to arrive will receive a goodie bag, and there will be a raffle that will include gift certificates to Alumni Cookie Dough. Mellow Mushroom pizza, Olive Garden salad and possibly Cinnaholic will be provided as well.