180504_crm_graduation_0025.jpg

Graduates celebrate at the University of Georgia Commencement on Friday, May 4, 2018, in Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Christina R. Matacotta, crmatacotta@gmail.com)

This is it. The moment you have all been waiting for. After years of studying, grinding and crying in the Main Library next to your cold cup of Starbucks at 1:45 a.m., you have finally done it. You are on your way to graduation.

Here is everything you need to know to be prepared to walk through the Arch.

Arrival and Start Time

On Dec. 14, undergraduates should assemble at 8 a.m. on the second floor of the Coliseum Training Facility. The ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. Undergraduates should meet at the men’s and women’s practice gyms and graduates in the women’s basketball practice gym. Graduates should assemble at 1 p.m., and the ceremony begins at 2:30 p.m..

Enter through the doors closest to the Carlton Street Parking Deck.

Seating Arrangements

The undergraduate seating chart can be found here, and the graduate seating chart is here.

Parking

Parking will be free for both ceremonies but is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Recommended parking lots include South Campus Deck (S11), Carlton Street Deck (S15) and Foley Field Lot (S14).

McPhaul Lot (S10) and Coverdell Lot (S16) are reserved for designated participants by permit only.

Speakers

The undergraduate commencement speaker will be Steve C. Jones, U.S. District Judge of the Northern District of Georgia.

The graduate commencement speaker will be world renowned neurobiologist and geneticist Cori Bargmann.

Extra Tips and Information

The clear bag policy will be in effect for both ceremonies, meaning the only bags permitted will be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 12”x16”x12”. Leave purses, coats and other items with your family.

Pick a designated meeting area for after the ceremony.

Wear comfortable shoes! You will be doing a lot of standing and walking.

Items such as beach balls and air horns may be confiscated.

For those who cannot attend in person, the commencement ceremonies will be streamed on the commencement homepage starting five minutes prior to each ceremony.