Delta Sigma Phi

The Theta Chi chapter of Delta Sigma Phi will not face criminal charges for hazing allegations brought against the fraternity last month, according to the University of Georgia Police Department.

Delta Sigma Phi went through a criminal investigation after the University verbally informed the fraternity that it was enacting the interim suspension policy on Sept. 26 due to hazing allegations, according to a previous Red & Black article.

Jimmy Williamson, the UGAPD chief of police, said in an email to The Red & Black that the case has been closed and referred to the UGA Office of Student Conduct.

“The Magistrate Judge of Athens-Clarke County did not feel that the facts that the police presented reached the threshold for probable case,” Williamson said in the email. “This means that there will be no one held accountable through the criminal justice system.”

Stan Jackson, the director of student affairs communications and marketing initiatives at UGA, said there were no updates on the student conduct case as of press time.