Peach State Tour

UGA is embarking on their annual Peach State Tour, where they will host information sessions at high schools across the state.

Representatives from the University of Georgia Office of Undergraduate Admissions have kicked off their yearly Peach State Tour by hosting information sessions in Augusta, Cordele and Dalton on Aug. 20.

According to the press release, UGA partners every year with Georgia Tech and Georgia State University to host information sessions all over Georgia. This year’s tour has events scheduled at 23 locations over a 10-day period, designed so that all Georgia students have an event no more than 50 miles away from them.  The tour will be stopping in Athens on Aug. 22.

Each event offers information sessions for both students and parents and a separate one for counselors as well. Registration is free and available online. Last year, the tour had more than 5,000 total attendees.

The Peach State Tour is one of UGA admissions’ ways of reaching students all over Georgia. According to the press release, in 2017 admissions, which visited a total of 137 cities and 291 ZIP codes in Georgia, held 47 Peach State Tour sessions, visited 207 high schools, attended 68 college fairs and hosted 34 other events across the state.

“More than 85 percent of students at UGA are from Georgia, and the university is committed to serving students and families in our state,” said UGA Admissions Director Patrick Winter in the release.

During the Peach State Tour outreach efforts, questions about UGA’s programs and application process are addressed, along with information about the University System of Georgia schools and opportunities in each of them.

According to the release, Winter will personally visit high schools across the state to meet with counselors, students and families as part of admissions other outreach efforts during September.