170407_jlf_RelayForLife_0001.JPG

The "HOPE" sign is stabilized during the UGA Relay for Life fundraiser on Friday, April 7, 2017. (Photo/Jenn Finch, www.jennfinch.wordpress.com)

University of Georgia Relay for Life organized “Nightmare on Clayton Street” on Tuesday, Oct. 24 to raise money for the American Cancer Society.

Relay for Life hosts fundraising events throughout the year to honor survivors and lost loved ones and to support the fight against cancer.

“It’s a bar crawl around Athens, and it’s raising money for the American Cancer Society,” said Avery Kurth, a junior at UGA and the Luminaria Chair for Relay for Life.

The Halloween-themed event began with a percentage night at Clarke’s Standard at 8:30 p.m.

“It’s really a big way to get involved and come together and have a fun time,” Kurth said.

Eva Rodriguez, a junior at UGA and the fundraising director of Relay for Life, arrived at the event in costume to support Relay.

Rodriguez said their efforts during the evening contribute to their overall fundraising goal.

“It’s a fun thing to do, and 100 percent of our profit goes to our fundraising page, so we don’t have to pay anybody to do it,” Rodriguez said.

Bar South, General Beauregard’s, Cloud, Southern Standard, Whiskey Bent and Flanagan’s also participated in the crawl. At the end of the night, supporters attended a halloween party at Jerzee’s Sports Bar.

Tickets for the event ranged from $10-25 and the organization also sold Nightmare on Clayton Street T-shirts for $15.

Frances Monardo, Relay’s marketing director and a senior at UGA, said they hope to exceed their fundraising record this year.

“We ended up raising about $260,000 last year, and we are aiming for $286,500 this year,” Monardo said.

Relay for Life has more fundraising events coming up, including a fundraising rivalry week with South Carolina, Monardo said.

Rodriguez said their main money-making event is in April on the Intramural Fields, which is a survivor and caregiver walk and a luminaria ceremony. During the ceremony, each luminaria is lit in remembrance of the loss of a loved one to cancer.

These events and more contribute to their overall fundraising goal.

So far, Relay for Life has raised $17,730,01. They have 164 days left to reach their fundraising goal, and they hope to make progress through these upcoming events.

Terry12

Sir, thank you so much for you genuine spell,my wife is back!!!

Thank you sir for your genuine spells. This is really incredible, and I have never experienced anything like this in my life. Before i met you Sir, i have tried every all probable means that i could to get my wife back, but i actually came to realize that nothing was working out for me, and that my wife had developed lot of hatred for me.. I thought there was n o hope to reunite with my ex wife and kids. But when i read good reviews about your work sir, i decided to give it a try and i did everything that you instructed me and i Trusted in you and followed your instructions just as you have guaranteed me in 48 hours, and that was exactly when my wife called me.. We are more contented now than ever. Everything looks perfect and so natural! Thank you so much for your authentic and indisputable spells. Thanks Sir for your help. If you need help in your marriage of broken relationship,please conatct Dr Jack right now for urgent help.

Okakagbespelltemple@gmail.com Or Okakagbespelltemple@yahoo.com
Call him now +2348138289852