You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
featured

Sororities prepare for Sigma Delta Tau's Greek Grind

• Updated
  • 14
  • 1 min to read
Greek Grind

The largest Greek philanthropy event at the University of Georgia, Sigma Delta Tau's Greek Grind, is back for the eleventh year.

SDT Greek Grind brings the Panhellenic community together with a dance competition to support and raise money for Prevent Child Abuse America. Each year, Panhellenic sororities choreograph dances to perform at the event.

The sororities work for weeks before trying to earn spirit points, which factor into their final score in the competition.

“The whole chapter has been awesome, from girls painting our banners and designing the SDT Greek Grind shirts to everyone who has donated and helped us with spirit points,” said Hayley Abell, a junior exercise and sports science major from Columbus, who serves as one of the Pi Beta Phi SDT Greek Grind liaisons.

The event has moved to a bigger venue this year, and it has sold more tickets than it has in the past, which would increase the money to be donated. Prevent Child Abuse America works to raise money and awareness for preventing the abuse and neglect of the nation’s children.

“Our biggest change this year is that we have moved to a new venue which allows us to fit 1,500 more people into the show. We wanted to give more people the chance to engage in our experience and in turn we are able to raise more money for PCAA which is the purpose for the entire event,” said Rebecca Friedman, the SDT Greek Grind coordinator.

Sororities across campus have been working for months to perfect their dance routines. On Wednesday, they will compete on stage to earn the title of the SDT Greek Grind champions.

“To prepare before the big event we are having some more rehearsals. We are getting costumes and makeup ideas ready for the big day,” said Elizabeth Griffith, a junior early childhood education major from Roswell, who serves as the SDT Greek Grind liaison for Sigma Kappa.

SDT Greek Grind will be held at the Classic Center on Oct. 14 at 8:30 p.m. Host Josh Murray will preside over the event. General admissions tickets are on sale through the SDT Greek Grind website.

yar

This is truly a pleasant and instructive, containing all data furthermore greatly affects the new innovation. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing it http://beachguide28.blog.ru/?attempt=1#post226776579

Account

I am happy you take pride in what you compose. This makes you stand way out from numerous different scholars that push ineffectively composed substance. www.55 printing.com Discount

Intel

That is the magnificent outlook, in any case is simply not make each sence at all proclaiming about that mather. For all intents and purposes any strategy an abundance of thanks notwithstanding i had attempt to advance your own particular article into delicius by and by it is evidently a problem utilizing your data destinations would you be able to please recheck the thought. much obliged again. macchinette tatuaggi

Intel

We are ZiddiBoyzz we are best entertainers we are make alot of videos like funny messages and actions e.t.cBestFunnyVideosWe are 7 members Sarmad Hameed(Cast) Danish Shaikh(cast) Saad Khan(cast) Talha Rajput(cast) Aryan Rajput(Director&Writter) Umair Ali(PageManger) Muhammad Muzammil Ali(CamerMan&VideoDirection)...We have Been Since Work 11Month Ago..Thanks FacebookPage

Intel

i was simply perusing along and happened upon your web journal. simply needed to say great online journal and this article truly helped me. low cost flyer printing atlanta

redandblack

Truly an extraordinary expansion. I have perused this magnificent post. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing data about it. I truly like that. Much appreciated so parcel for your meet. glamorous ideas of fashion

redandblack

This web journal site is really cool! How was it made ! women's styling trend

Intel

A debt of gratitude is in order for the important data and bits of knowledge you have so given here... women apparel

Intel

A debt of gratitude is in order for posting this information. I simply need to tell you that I simply look at your site and I discover it extremely fascinating and useful. I can hardly wait to peruse loads of your posts. national seo packages

Intel

That is the magnificent outlook, in any case is simply not make each sence at all proclaiming about that mather. For all intents and purposes any strategy an abundance of thanks notwithstanding i had attempt to advance your own particular article into delicius by and by it is evidently a problem utilizing your data destinations would you be able to please recheck the thought. much obliged again. 42nd street photo

This is really the sort of data I have been attempting to discover. Much obliged to you for composing this data. as explained here

robinjack

America Gun Ban Home, Syndicated by Countrymen Your News Source Worldwide. Taking the stink out of Gun Control and being a Patriot. jobs

robinjack

That is the magnificent outlook, in any case is simply not make each sence at all proclaiming about that mather. For all intents and purposes any strategy an abundance of thanks notwithstanding i had attempt to advance your own particular article into delicius by and by it is evidently a problem utilizing your data destinations would you be able to please recheck the thought. much obliged again. mass mutual life insurance

robinjack