171229_JF_bandpractice_0003.jpg

University of Georgia students in the Redcoat Marching band practice for the Rose Bowl Parade in Athens, Ga. Dec 29th, 2017. (Photo/ Justin Fountain, justingf@uga.edu)

Every year, Redcoat Marching Band Director Mike Robinson said the band expects to go to a bowl game. However, he and many band members did not expect for this year to be the one they would spend in Pasadena, California, at the Rose Bowl.

“Planning for the Rose Bowl is unlike any other bowl game because we’re totally out of our element here in California,” Robinson said. “At the start of the season I think we all thought we’d do pretty well, but I think most of us thought next year would be the big year.”

During the trip, the Redcoats were busy nearly every moment before the game, from rehearsals at a local high school, to performing in Disneyland, to marching in the Rose Parade and playing at the pregame tailgate.

Parker Jamieson, a sophomore applied biotechnology major and alto saxophone player, said being able to share those experiences with the Redcoats in California was one of the most memorable moments of his life.

"There really aren’t even words to describe how incredible it was,” Jamieson said. “We got to perform for all the Georgia fans inside of Disneyland, and it was just really amazing to have so many fans and not fans come over and listen to all 400 or so of us perform.”

“Everyone’s jaws are just totally dropped, it’s honestly incredible. No matter the outcome of the game, good or bad, it’s going to be insane, and we’re all going to have a really great time.”

Parker Jamieson

Between the SEC Championship and the Rose Bowl, the Redcoats had little time to organize arrangements for the trip and schedule rehearsals.

Within the first week after the SEC Championship, Robinson said he had spent about $1 million dollars while planning all of the different elements involved in the band’s trip to California, all paid for by the University of Georgia Athletic Association.

“There’s hotel costs, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 a night. So 600 bucks times 125, whatever that is,” Robinson said. “Then food and per diem, and because Los Angeles has such a high cost, the students for the three days got $200 each in cash.”

In the weeks leading up to the game, Robinson said finals and holidays prevented the Redcoats from holding formal practices before Dec. 29, which was when they had their first and only rehearsal before flying out the next morning.

“The last time we saw the Redcoats was at the SEC championship, so we’ve not had any rehearsal or anything which is not ideal,” Robinson said. “We had a little practice at it last night, I wasn’t able to be there but my assistants were.”

Despite not having scheduled practice, students did arrange unofficial conditioning sessions to stay in shape in the weeks leading up to the Rose Bowl.

Ernesto Peréz, a junior landscape architecture major and sousaphone player, said those practices ranged anywhere from his section cleaning their instruments, to band members meeting up to run together.

“Most of my section got together and cleaned the instruments beforehand, but it wasn’t an official thing,” Peréz said. “A lot of people did some conditioning for the parade. I think it’s five-and-a-half miles, so you’d want to be in shape for that.”

Directors recommended conditioning throughout the break to help band members get through the parade. Jamieson said the five-and-a-half mile march was a challenge despite his preparation.

“At first we were like, ‘five miles that’s no big deal’, but it’s actually extremely intense,” Jamieson said. “I had been conditioning during the break, and I was still feeling it. I think my knee gave out at one point. Some people were worse off when we finished.”

While planning, Robinson said he had to plan all of the arrangements for what the band would do if UGA moved on to the National Championship game a week later.

“We also had to plan for the ‘what if we win’ bowl, because the time between the Rose Bowl and national championship is so quick,” Robinson said. “I know the band would love to be able to come back and have one last game on our turf, especially the seniors.”

After UGA won the Rose Bowl, Jamieson said he and his friends are excited to be able to come back to Georgia and play one last game this season with the Redcoats.

“Everyone’s jaws are just totally dropped, it’s honestly incredible,” Jamieson said. “No matter the outcome of the game, good or bad, it’s going to be insane, and we’re all going to have a really great time.”

MelissaDeditch1

Urgently On Love Spell To Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back Contact Happylovespell2@gmail.com He Is The Best Of All On Love Spell That Work Fast........
I am in the exact situation Has anything changed? My relationship had zero moral fiber I left several times hoping he would change Here I am again alone and now he stated that he is done trying??? I left him however he told me that I can not just come and go as I please and think that everything is okay He just does not get it!!! He treats me like a chair in our home It is just daunting I hope your situation is better?Help! I'm confused and getting very frustrated.
My boyfriend and I have been separated for four months now and nothing is happening. He's doing nothing.
He was having an emotional affair 3rd time second woman, so he kick me out. We went to relationship counseling twice. he said he needed to go to personal before he would meet us again. In counseling he admitted he loved me but not in love with me.I am beyond devastated. What should I do? And when do you think he will realize he's still IN love with me? I need this man to realize I'm still that girl he met 6 years ago. I've noticed lately in the last couple days he's kinda been trying to make me jealous, in a sense of telling me he's getting checked out at work, or flexing his muscles in front of me-- I'm not sure if I should take this as a good sign or not? Every time we have a good day, or I say something about being with him, he always says "we'll see". Please help me i began searching for help and answers, then i heard about a man that can Cast a spell to remind him of all the things we have been through together, at first I was scared then i decided to give it a try, and like magic my husband came back, apology and begging for forgiveness, thanks to this man, I’m posting this to help people with similar issues.email him Urgently on.. happylovespell2@gmail.com or call and add him of on whatsapp number: +2348133873774

charlie11bean

I`m Charlie Bean and I live in Toronto Canada. I needed a loan to buy a house and I searched for a mortgage loan from all banks and I was denied and I loss hope of having my own house until I came across a post just as you reading my post now. I saw a post about a Financial Service Company who gives loan at 2% interest so I applied in STEAKLEY FINANCIAL SERVICES using their email steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com. And my loan was granted it was like a dream but was true and now am a owner of a house in Toronto and am paying the mortgage loan with no stress and I also requested if I can be granted a business loan and I was also granted. Now am living a happy life, I will advice you if you have an financial problems and you need money to settle it so you can pay with no stress just contact Steakley Financial Service at their email Steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com or number +1(512) 714-8010.

Roseu5432

PLEASE READ THIS TESTIMONY CAREFULLY. I AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TELL THE WORLD THAT, GREAT MOTHER IS A GIFTED SPELL CASTER. MY HUSBAND LEFT ME FOR NO REASON. I WAS NO LONGER MY SELF AND AT A TIME, I ATTEMPTED TO COMMIT SUICIDE. BUT THANK GOD I CAME ACROSS GREAT MOTHER ONLINE. I READ GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT HER GOOD WORK AND HOW USEFUL AND HELPFUL SHE HAS BEEN TO PEOPLE. I CONTACTED HER AND TOLD HER MY PROBLEM. SHE TOLD ME THAT MY WAN WILL COME BACK TO ME. SHE TOLD ME WHAT TO DO AND I DID IT AND TO MY GREAT SURPRISE MY HUSBAND CAME BACK JUST AS GREAT MOTHER SAID. I EVEN NOTICED THAT WHEN MY HUSBAND RETURNED, HE EVEN LOVE ME MORE. THIS IS NOT BRAIN WASHING BUT GREAT MOTHER OPENED UP HIS EYES TO SEE HOW MUCH LOVE I HAVE FOR HIM AND HOW MUCH LOVE WE OUGHT TO SHARE WITH EACH OTHER. CONTACT HER NOW ON HER EMAIL:
GREATMOTHEROFSOLUTIONTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM AND YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT HER ON WHATSAPP WITH HER NUMBER: +2348078359876 SHE ALSO HAS 2 BLOGS WHICH YOU CAN ALSO USE TO REACH HER. THESE ARE THE BLOGS BELOW. YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE BLOGS TO SEE HER WORK.

GREATMOTHEROFPOWERS.BLOGSPOT.COM
GREATMOTHEROFSOLUTION.BLOGSPOT.COM