Tate Plaza memorial

Students gather in prayer for their fellow classmates involved in the fatal car crash in Oconee County at Tate Plaza on Thursday, April 28, 2016, in Athens, Georgia. Four students died as the result of the crash and one is in critical condition. (Photo by David Barnes)

On Wednesday night, the University of Georgia community lost four of its own.

The female students — all sophomores — were killed in a car crash Wednesday night in Oconee County, with a fifth sent to the hospital in critical condition.

UGA students killed in car wreck in Oconee County

As the news spread Thursday, the UGA community and people across Georgia responded with their condolences to the students and their families.

The Red & Black compiled information about each of the students in order to honor those who died. Read more about each victim below.  

Halle Scott

Halle Scott

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Hometown: Dunwoody

High School: Dunwoody High School

Involvement: Member of Delta Delta Delta at UGA, participated on the 2015 Greek Grind Tri Delta team, cheerleader for Dunwoody High School, member of Young Life 

Remembrance on social media:

“Rest In peace Halle Scott you were always such a blessing to be around ... your contagious laugh and smile. You'll be missed dearly and my thoughts and prayers are with your family and everyone involved,” one friend posted to Scott’s Facebook wall.

One UGA student posted that Scott could “light up a room with her smile” and was funny, determined, loving, caring and friendly.

Another posted that Scott was “a true friend to everyone and [had] a genuine smile that turned your day around every time you were lucky enough to see it.”

Brittany Feldman

Brittany Feldman

Year: Sophomore

Age: 20

Hometown: Alpharetta

Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders

High School: Milton High School

InvolvementMember of Pi Beta Phi at UGA, counselor-in-training at YMCA Camp High Harbor

Remembrance on social media:

“Late last night we lost a sister and a friend. This campus is so crippled today and my heart is broken,” one UGA student posted on Feldman’s Facebook wall.

Another posted saying Brittany had the “most contagious smile and laughter” and “radiated happiness to everyone who came within her presence.”

“I'll miss her endless cheek kisses and beautiful smile,” a UGA student posted to Feldman’s wall. “She is a big reason I chose Pi [Beta] Phi and I will forever cherish the time I got with her.”

Meredith Stone, president of the UGA chapter of Pi Beta Phi, said "Brittany Feldman was one of the most beloved members of our chapter. Her love for Pi Phi and her sisters was evident in everything she did. She was excited to be serving as our New Member Coordinator this fall. We will miss Brittany's contagious joy and compassionate spirit with all of our hearts. At this time, we ask your thoughts and prayers be with Brittany’s family, friends and our chapter.”

Christina Semeria

Christina Semeria

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Hometown: Milton

High School: Milton High School

Involvement: Member of Alpha Chi Omega at UGA, employee at Chick-fil-A restaurant

Remembrance on social media:

“Words do not describe how much you impacted those around you,” one UGA student posted to Semeria’s wall.

“You made mornings at Winshape always more beautiful than they already were. I know you are dancing with the angels now. Thank you for making an impact in the lives of everyone around you from Michigan to Georgia, praying for your family. Rest easy in heaven, Christina Semeria,” another posted to Semeria’s Facebook wall.  

Kayla Canedo

Kayla Canedo

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Hometown: Alpharetta

Major: Psychology

High School: Milton High School

InvolvementVice president of chapter relations and standards for Alpha Chi Omega at UGA, assistant counselor at YMCA Camp High Harbor  

The president of Alpha Chi Omega at UGA referred communication to the national branch of the sorority, which released a statement around 1:30 p.m.

The president of Delta Delta Delta was not available for comment as of around 3 p.m., and Pi Beta Phi was not ready to comment.

The UGA Office of Greek Life released a statement on Facebook around 1 p.m., asking for the privacy of the sorority community. The post stated that all other communication should come from the Office of the President.

Other groups at UGA, including the Catholic Center, posted to Facebook in remembrance of the four victims.

Editor's Note: The Red & Black is working on stories about each of the University of Georgia students who died Wednesday night. If you have something you would like to contribute to our coverage, please email us at news@randb.com. Join us in remembering the lives of our fellow students.

Ina Derby

This news is very sad that four students are killed in a car crash. towbars Perth from http://westcotttowbars.com.au/category/roof-racks/ pays his hearties condolences for them and their families.