180220_MLN_grady_0008.jpg

Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication is at the University of Georgia, in Athens, Georgia, on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. (Photo/McGee Nall, www.mcgeenall.com)

Grady College will host the UGA College of Journalism and Mass Communication Career Day on Thursday, Feb. 7 with an all-day event.

The Career Fair will be hosted in Tate Grand Hall on the fifth floor, from 2-5 p.m. This is an opportunity open to all Grady students. Prospective full-time employees or interns who are seeking careers in journalism, creative mass media, media sales, advertising or public relations can network with companies present. Students do not have to RSVP to the Career Fair.

The full list of employers attending the Career Fair, ranging from Turner Broadcasting to Cox Media Group, are listed on the event page on Handshake, and students are recommended to research prospective jobs and internships prior to Career Day.

According to an infographic sent to the Grady listserv, there are 47 professional attendees with 28 looking to fill full-time roles and 26 looking for interns.

From 10:30-11:00 a.m. there will be a student and employer coffee mixer in the Peyton Anderson Forum located in the Journalism Building. Additionally, from 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. a panel discussing career tips for new professionals will be hosted in the PAF.

The Career Day event also features a networking luncheon for students and employers in Tate Grand Hall from 12:30-2 p.m. available to students who submitted their RSVP through Handshake UGA by Jan. 29.

This event is sponsored by the UGA Career Center, the Georgia Association of Broadcasters and the Grady College of Journalism & Mass Communication.

Preparation events for the Career Fair included resume critiques on Monday and Tuesday and a Career Day Prep Workshop on Tuesday.

Students had the opportunity to submit resumes to Career Day sponsors prior to the event via Handshake.