UGA police cars

A University of Georgia police car is parked in front of the police department.

Man arrested for DUI after driving high

A caller notified police that a car was parked in the street and the people inside appeared to be unconscious on April 19.

Officers responded to the report a little after 5:30 a.m. and found the car was partially blocking the intersection of Hull St. and Baxter St. They found three men in the vehicle who appeared to be intoxicated, according to a University of Georgia police report.

After questioning the driver, an officer noticed the man appeared disheveled. According to the report, the officer did not believe the man had been drinking. Instead, police believed the occupants were under the influence of drugs.

The officer asked the man if he was intoxicated. The driver replied he had smoked marijuana earlier and then gave the officer permission to search his car. According to the report, the police officer found a vape pen, grinder, and a pipe.

The two passengers denied that they owned the drug-related objects and were released from the scene. After performing a sobriety test, the driver was arrested for possession of marijuana and driving under the influence. He received citations for driving under the influence of drugs and for stopping in a roadway.

Man found dead in his car in Whitehall Forest 

University of Georgia police officers responded to a call that an unresponsive man had been found in his parked car around 4:30 p.m. on April 17.

EMS and police officers arrived at the scene in Whitehall Forest where they spoke to the callers. Two men said they were driving through the parking lot when they saw the man slumped in his car with his foot dangling outside the open door. According to the report, the callers unsuccessfully tried to wake the driver and could not find a pulse.

The EMS supervisor declared the man was deceased. Based on the preliminary investigations, officers believe no foul play was involved and the man died of natural causes.

Man reports missing laundry stolen after a mix-up

A University of Georgia student thought his clothes had been stolen at Rooker Hall on April 22, only to find out someone else’s mother had taken them by accident.

Police responded to the Rooker Hall dorm around 4:55 p.m. The man told the police that he had left his clothes in a dryer while he went to the G-Day game, and when he returned, they were no longer there. He told an officer what was missing, valued at $633. According to the police report, the man said he believed someone may try to sell his clothes online.

At around 9:30 p.m., the student called UGAPD to say that his clothes had been returned to him. He explained that his friend’s mother was doing laundry and had accidentally picked his clothes up by mistake, according to the report.

Unknown individuals damage residence hall window

Someone threw a rock through a window at Creswell Hall on April 19, according to a UGA police report.

Around 2:30 a.m., police arrived at the scene and spoke with students who had witnessed the incident. One of the students was in the laundry room when she saw a group of five people throwing rocks from the gravel parking lot, according to the report.

There were no cameras outside of Creswell that recorded the incident. Officers gave a resident assistant a case reference card for a criminal trespass charge.