UGA police cars

A University of Georgia police car is parked in front of the police department.

Intoxicated man found with injuries after an alleged physical altercation

A man told police he was assaulted by three people who stole his phone on April 6.

University of Georgia police officers arrived at the Railroad Lot at around 2:30 a.m. after they were called for assistance.

Upon arriving at the scene, officers attend to an individual who appeared to be intoxicated. The man told the officers that four people were looking for him after he had been denied entry to a fraternity party, according to the report.

The man explained that after he left, three men in the fraternity assaulted him and stole his phone. According to the report, details of the incident varied slightly as he described the situation.

The officers confirmed that the man was under 21 years of age but did not charge him with underage possession of alcohol because they were investigating an incident of robbery, aggravated assault and battery where he was the victim, according to the report. The officers gave him a courtesy escort to his home.

Because the individual had trouble recalling the situation with total accuracy, there are three offenses pending clarification including battery and theft by taking.

Woman found unresponsive outside a campus library

A woman with an outstanding warrant was found passed out near the UGA Main Library on April 9.

A little before 11:00 p.m. on, University of Georgia police officers responded to a report of an unresponsive individual laying on a bench outside the UGA Main Library. According to a UGA police report, the officers were able to wake the woman after several seconds of trying to rouse her.

After confirming her identity, the officers discovered there was an active outstanding warrant for her arrest in Oglethorpe County. They also found that she had been barred from the UGA Main Library and the UGA Science Library, according to the report.

The officers transported her to the Clarke-Oglethorpe County line and turned the woman over to the Oglethorpe County Sheriff’s Office.

Student arrested after urinating on the Jackson Street Building 

University of Georgia police officers saw a man urinating on the wall of the Jackson Street Building around 3:00 a.m. on April 6.

Officers believed the man was intoxicated after they watched him stagger heavily down the street and drop his phone repeatedly, according to the police report. An officer approached him and asked for his UGA student ID and driver’s license.

According to the report, the officers instructed the man to call someone to pick him up but he was unable to properly use his phone. He was arrested for public drunkenness and being a pedestrian under the influence of alcohol. The man was transported to the Clarke County Jail where he was issued a citation.