UGA Police Dept sign

The University of Georgia Police Department is located inside the Hodgson Oil Refining Co. building on Oconee Street. 

Fight at UGA football game

On Nov. 17, police were called to Sanford Stadium during the Georgia football game against Massachusetts in response to a possible fight that ensued from a man picking up a beer and pouring it on his friend’s head, according to a University of Georgia police report.

When police arrived, the officers observed one man trying to pull another man off a third man who was on the ground.

The man attempting to pull the two others apart said they were all friends and the disagreement was made worse due to alcohol. According to the report, EMS was requested for one man, who was bleeding from his nose and mouth.

Drugged chocolate chip cookie given to student

On Nov. 13, a UGA student arrived at the UGA police lobby saying he was feeling sick from eating something earlier in the day he believed to be drugged, according to a UGA police report.

The student said he was attending class in Park Hall and working on a group project. The other member of the project gave him a cookie to “reward [him] for working hard on the group project,” the report said.

According to the report, the student took one bite of the cookie and began to feel uneasy, disoriented and as if his airway was constricted.

After going to the police station, the victim went to have a blood test done. According to the report, the investigation produced probable cause to arrest the other group member. A warrant was issued for one count of possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, possession and use of drug related objects and reckless conduct.

Fire on UGA bus

A fire on a UGA bus outside of the Lumpkin House was reported on Nov. 13 at around 7 a.m, according to a UGA police report.

When police arrived, no visible signs of fire or smoke were seen, but police saw remnants of a “fire suppression system” that had been activated on the ground around the bus, according to the report.

The bus driver told police he was driving on Cedar Street when the fire alarm inside the bus activated. The two passengers on the bus were then advised to evacuate, and the driver stopped the bus, the report said.

The fire suppressor system was activated and secured the fire. According to the report, a Campus Transit Maintenance Technician said the fire occurred from within the engine. There appeared to be no damage to the interior of the bus, and there were no injuries.