uga police car

A University of Georgia police car is parked at the police department on Oconee Street on March 2, 2018. 

$535 in audio equipment stolen from car over spring break

Stereo equipment and other items were stolen from a car parked in the West Campus Parking Deck between March 8-17, according to a UGA police report.

Items including a subwoofer, an amplifier and $50 in cash. The stolen items were valued at $535, according to the report.

The vehicle showed no obvious signs of forced entry, according to the report. The owner reported the items missing on March 17 and told police officers the vehicle was locked the last time he saw it, which was March 8.

Disagreement over hairstyle price leads to false imprisonment

A hairstylist locked a client inside of her apartment after the client refused to pay the full price for her hair style on March 15, according to a UGA police report.

The hairstylist said that the client requested a different hairstyle that previously discussed when she arrived and they determined the new hairstyle would cost a higher price of $160, according to the report.

According to the report, the hairstylist said she only received $120 after she completed the client’s hair. The client said the hairstylist locked the door to her apartment and would not let her leave until she paid the full price. The client did not want to pay the full price because the hairstylist took too long to complete her hair, according to the report. The hairstylist said she locked the door to keep small children in the apartment from going outside.

UGA police arrived while the client was still at the apartment. The client did not want to press charges.

$300 diamond bracelet lost on way from campus to downtown

A woman reported her diamond bracelet worth $300 as missing on March 14, according to a UGA police report.

The woman had the bracelet in her possession at 9:30 a.m. on March 14 when she went to work at Memorial Hall on the University of Georgia campus, according to the report. At noon, she left work and walked through North Campus to downtown Athens.

She noticed the bracelet was missing while downtown at around 12:30 p.m., according to the report. The woman provided police with pictures of the bracelet.