uga police car

A University of Georgia police car is parked at the police department on Oconee Street on March 2, 2018. 

Hit and run accident between cyclist and car

A cyclist collided with a car as the car turned right into the Tate Student Center entrance on Feb. 5, according to a UGA police report. The cyclist said the driver made no attempt to stop at the scene, render aid or provide contact information as required by Georgia law.

The cyclist said he fell to the ground and suffered minor abrasions to his lower leg, left arm and hand. The cyclist said his left leg was pinned between the car and his bicycle during the collision.

According to the report, damage to the bicycle consisted of minor scratches and abrasions on the right handlebar and frame. The cyclist said the bicycle is still fully functional.

Two ticket scalpers banned as a result of physical altercation

Two ticket scalpers outside of Stegeman Coliseum were banned from the coliseum for 30 days after getting in a fight on Feb. 9, according to a UGA police report.

The first scalper said a customer who was with the second scalper began asking the first scalper about his ticket prices. Then, the second scalper stuck his finger in the first scalper’s face and poked his left eye. The first scalper said they both started shoving and hitting each other, according to the report.

According to the report, the second scalper said the other scalper approached him while he was with a customer and said it was his turf. The second scalper then used his hand in an attempt to move the second scalper out of the way. After this gesture, the second scalper said they both began to exchange punches and shoves.

After the ordeal, the second scalper said he was willing to put the incident behind him. The first scalper said he would not pursue any charges so long as the other scalper apologized. Both scalpers apologized for any confusion and for fighting.

Airpods stolen at Ramsey basketball courts

A victim’s airpods were stolen at the Ramsey basketball courts on Feb. 11, according to a UGA police report.

The victim said he placed his Apple AirPods down on the top of some padding at the south side of the basketball courts. When he returned to retrieve his property an unknown individual had taken the AirPods, according to the report.

The victim stated the AirPods cost $159.