UGA Police Dept sign

The University of Georgia Police Department is located inside the Hodgson Oil Refining Co. building on Oconee Street. 

Sign stolen from UGA President’s House

A white sign on the front entrance gate of the University of Georgia President’s House was reported stolen on June 3.

According to a University of Georgia police report, the sign, estimated to be worth $350, was reported missing by a UGA Security Guard when she reported to work at 4 p.m. Officers estimated the sign went missing between midnight and 4 p.m. on June 3.

A small portion of the sign was still attached to the gate, indicating damage when it was removed, according to the report. Security told police that no security cameras “covered this area of the property, and that this area is hard to see from the guard building.”

The President’s House was built in 1857 and is located on Prince Avenue, and UGA President Jere W. Morehead is required to live there based off of his contract with the Board of Regents.

Thousands of dollars in computer equipment stolen from UGA

Approximately $5,900 worth of computer equipment was reported stolen from UGA’s Institute for Disaster Management on May 21.

According to a UGAPD report, an employee was doing yearly inventory for the building, located on Bowstrom Road, when she noticed four computers were missing. The employee told police the computers were last accounted for on April 30, 2018.

While students can access the building “at any time,” the room from which the computers were missing is only accessible by faculty and staff with an access card, according to the report. There were no signs of damage or forced entry.

Tree falls on poultry shed

On June 9, a UGA police officer discovered a fallen tree on a chicken and turkey shed at the Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center. Two power lines were also laying cross the roof, but the were still intact, according to a UGAPD report.

The tree was discovered around 6 a.m., according to the report. The officer had trouble assessing the damage due to the tree foliage.