UGA police cars

A University of Georgia police car is parked in front of the police department on March 2, 2018. 

Man with fake ID found passed out near Baldwin Hall 

A University of Georgia police officer found a man who appeared to be unconscious lying in the pine straw near Baldwin Hall on New Year's Day, according to a UGA police report. The officer woke the man, who, according to the report, had bloodshot eyes, spoke with slurred speech and smelled of alcohol. 

The man presented the officer with a driver's license that the officer determined to be fake. The man was arrested and charged with possession of a false ID and possession of alcohol while under 21 years of age, according to the report. 

Suspicious person reported in Joe Brown Hall 

On Jan. 3 around 3 p.m., UGA police responded to Joe Brown Hall, where a woman had reported a man who was "asking a lot of questions" and making employees in the building "feel uncomfortable," according to a UGA police report. 

The man, who was gone when officers arrived, told employees in Joe Brown Hall he could do things such as "change the trajectory of the sun," "write articles for foreign countries" and "do quantum physics in his head," witnesses stated in the report.

Witnesses believed the man to be homeless and have mental health problems, and they did not feel threatened by the man, according to the report. Officers could not locate the individual. 

Individual carried unconcealed gun in UGA library 

A security guard at the UGA Main Library made a report to UGA police on Jan. 6 regarding a man who walked into the building carrying a holstered handgun which was visibly displayed on his hip, according to a police report.

Two officers located the man on Sanford Drive, and he provided the officers with his Georgia weapons carry permit. 

According to the report, the officers advised the individual that under the provisions of Campus Carry, weapons carried on a college campus must be concealed. The man said that he was not aware of that provision and would comply in the future.

UGA police did not make an arrest or bring any charges.