UGA police cars

A University of Georgia police car is parked in front of the police department on March 2, 2018. 

Transformers stolen from UGA

On June 21, two transformers were stolen from University of Georgia property on College Station Road, according to a UGA police report.

According to information from the reporting person, the transformers were taken between 7 p.m. on June 19 and 10:30 a.m. on June 21. A UGA-owned wheelbarrow was also found damaged.

The lids of the transformers were left behind. The total value of the transformers was estimated to be $2,900, according to the report.

UGA van smashed at botanical garden

A UGA-owned van was damaged at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia at UGA, according to a UGA police report.

The white 1995 Ford van’s rear-facing driver’s side back window was damaged, according to the report. The window was cracked in a pattern “similar to a spider web,” had missing glass pieces, and “appeared to be held together because of the window tint that was applied previously.”

The damage was estimated to be less than $500.

Student at orientation sick from drinking

An intoxicated UGA student attending orientation locked himself in a bathroom stall at Creswell Hall, leading the police to be contacted, according to a UGAPD report.

Police responded to the incident around 2 a.m. on June 21. A resident assistant told police that a student was in a sixth floor bathroom stall and was unresponsive. According to the report, police found the student unconscious on the floor, having vomited.

After shaking the student’s leg and rousing him, the student became responsive and vomited in the toilet again before unlocking the stall and speaking with police. According to the report, the student told police he had been drinking downtown prior to the incident.

Charges were declined by police under the Georgia Medical Amnesty Act, according to the report. EMS arrived to check the student’s vitals, and the student was released to his own care after being cleared.