UGA police cars

A University of Georgia police car is parked in front of the police department.

UGA bus accident causes minor passenger injuries

On Nov. 5, a UGA bus driver was forced to slam on the brakes after a pedestrian walked in front of the bus, causing minor injuries to passengers inside, according to a UGA police report. 

According to the report, the pedestrian was walking south on Sanford Drive and saw a group of people cross the street in front of her. She looked to her right for oncoming traffic and stepped into the road.

When the pedestrian crossed the road, the UGA bus driver slammed on the brakes, according to the report. The bus slightly struck the pedestrian, but she had no injuries.  

On the bus, however, students fell forward when the driver hit the brakes, causing multiple injuries, according to the report.

One passenger passed out two minutes after the crash occurred. Although she did not hit her head, she began to have a seizure, according to the report. When EMS arrived on the scene, she denied transport to the hospital.

Altercation at UGA-Auburn game

On Nov. 11, a man threatened another man at the UGA game against Auburn with a knife, according to a UGA police report.

According to the report, bystanders said they heard the man tell the other man to sit down or he would cut his throat with a knife. The suspect then proceeded to show the knife. The man was standing two rows in front of the aggressor.

When police spoke with the man, he denied the claims that he threatened anyone, but he cooperated with police. The police then took the knife for evidence. According to the report, the victim declined to pursue criminal charges against the aggressor.

The aggressor was then asked to leave campus immediately. He was barred from all of UGA campus and campus transit for four years, the report said.

Counterfeit tickets sold at UGA-Auburn game

A man bought counterfeit tickets for the University of Georgia game against Auburn University on Nov. 10 and was denied entry, according to a UGA police report. 

The man met with an individual at the intersection of Lumpkin and Broad streets who was wearing a sign saying he had tickets and sold him three, according to the report. 

At approximately 6 p.m., the man tried to enter the stadium but was denied due to the tickets being fake. 

The man later called the police and gave a description of the man who sold him the tickets. According to the report, the total loss for for these items was $450.