190502_GMA_ProtestNorthCampus0005.jpg

Students pose for a portrait as they protest their unwarranted restriction of access to UGA President Jere Morehead’s office on the steps of the Administration Building on Thursday, May 2, 2019, in Athens, Georgia. The students requested a meeting with Morehead to talk further about the university administration’s response to demands for UGA to acknowledge its history of slavery, but were not permitted to enter the building during its operating hours. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

University of Georgia officials did not allow representatives of the “Coalition for Recognition and Redress” to enter the UGA Administration Building to follow-up on the coalition’s previous request for a meeting UGA President Jere Morehead on May 2.

The Coalition wanted the meeting to discuss its demands of the UGA administration, including that UGA should acknowledge its history of slavery. The Coalition members were denied entry to the building because of the “disruptive nature” of the March for Recognition and Redress on April 29 and because UGA does not allow demonstrations inside buildings, Executive Director of Media Communications Greg Trevor said in a statement.

Imani Scott-Blackwell, an activist with the Coalition, said the attempt to schedule a meeting with Morehead was not a form of expressive action, despite UGA’s statement.

“They’re responding this way out of fear of exposing the true white supremacist nature of this university,” Scott-Blackwell said.

Since activists delivered a letter of demands to the UGA administration on April 10, multiple marches and protests have been held to denounce the way the university handled slave remains found near Baldwin Hall in 2015 and demand that UGA acknowledge the history of slavery on campus.

In a letter to The Red & Black, Morehead said the original letter contained “wildly inaccurate claims” and defended the actions the university took after discovering the remains, which included a reinterment at Oconee Hill Cemetery and an erected memorial at Baldwin Hall.

MaleFeministPussy

LOL what a sad group of losers. Have a look at the photo. They need to get over their inferiority complexes and hatred of white people.