A car plowed through the fence surrounding the Science Learning Center, crashing into the wall and windows of the building on Tuesday, June 19, at approximately 12:55 p.m.

Pictures of the incident were widely distributed on social media, showing the car’s front end lodged in between the building and a retaining wall, with the right rear wheel hanging in the air.

According to a University of Georgia police report, the driver, a UGA student, had lost consciousness while driving in the McPhaul Center parking lot, causing the vehicle to break through the fence and go over the edge of the wall.

Witnesses told UGAPD the driver “appeared to be having a seizure and drove forward almost striking a pedestrian.” They also stated even after the vehicle was stopped, the driver looked to be convulsing.

According to the report, the student, who suffered “slight bruising around his nose,” denied transport to the hospital, saying that a friend would pick him up and take him to the University Health Center.

The vehicle, a black 2016 Nissan Rogue, was damaged with “a dented and broken front end, breaking of the driver side bumper and headlight as well as undercarriage damage consistent with scrapes from the retaining wall and fence,” the police report said.

The building received paint transfer to the exterior wall, damage to the fence, and “dislodgement and cracking of the retaining wall.” When the car was being removed, UGA facilities workers had to cut the fence, as it was caught on the undercarriage of the vehicle, the report said.

The vehicle was towed by Athens Paint and Body and taken to their impound lot.

UGA could not be reached for comment as of press time.