Police Tape Crime Tape

The person was taken to Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center and was later pronounced dead.

The suicide that occurred yesterday at the University of Georgia took place in the Tate Center Parking Deck, according to a UGA police report.

The person who killed herself, a middle-aged woman, was a UGA employee. According to the report, police administered medical aid to the woman, who was still alive when police arrived at the scene.

Around 9:55 a.m., fire department and EMS personnel arrived. According to the report, the woman was transported to Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center, and was pronounced dead around 11:30 a.m.

Original Story:

An unnamed person shot and killed themself in a University of Georgia parking lot on the morning of June 20, the university confirmed today.

According to a statement from Greg Trevor, executive director of media communications for the university, the UGA police department received a call at 9:45 a.m. about a gunshot in the lot. After police and other personnel arrived at the scene, the person was taken to Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center and was later pronounced dead. The individual was not a student.

“It appears the wound was self-inflicted,” Trevor said in the statement, adding that “there is no indication of foul play or an ongoing threat to the public at this time.”

No further details, such as the identity of the individual or the particular lot, were provided.

Pfrog23

The silence from the UGA community on this matter is palpable! It's as if this woman never existed or even mattered! So much for "stopping the stigma"! 😥 https://www.nami.org/stigmafree