A University of Georgia student reportedly survived a fall from the ninth floor of Russell Hall early Sunday morning.

The student either fell or jumped out of the window from his dorm room, said students who live in Russell Hall and know him, but who did not witness the event. The screen on his window had been previously kicked out.

University of Georgia police were notified around 2 p.m. on Sunday that the student had sought treatment for injuries consistent with a fall, according to a UGAPD statement released on Monday.

Police began an investigation at that time.

"At this time there are no witnesses to the incident and the injured party cannot tell investigators what occurred," according to the statement.

Police are considering a number of possible scenarios, according to the statement.

"It appears that alcohol consumption on the part of the injured party may have played a role in this incident," according to the statement. "It should also be noted that this is the second documented incident involving the injured party."

Police do not yet know exactly how or where the fall occurred, according to the statement.

Justin Boyd, who lives on the ninth floor but did not see the student fall, said the student came into Boyd's room and stayed on their futon the rest of the morning.

Boyd said he saw the screen was laying on the ground beside an imprint of the student's body where he hit the ground. 

"He didn't want to go to the hospital, but we insisted," said Boyd, a freshman accounting major from Cumming. "We think he has a collapsed lung, some internal bleeding and collapsed muscles."

Police on the scene on Sunday said they could not comment.

Housing has not released a statement to students, Salisbury said.

Check back to The Red & Black for updates.

Intel

We are ZiddiBoyzz we are best entertainers we are make alot of videos like funny messages and actions e.t.cBestFunnyVideosWe are 7 members Sarmad Hameed(Cast) Danish Shaikh(cast) Saad Khan(cast) Talha Rajput(cast) Aryan Rajput(Director&Writter) Umair Ali(PageManger) Muhammad Muzammil Ali(CamerMan&VideoDirection)...We have Been Since Work 11Month Ago..Thanks FacebookPage

redandblack

Decent Informative Blog having pleasant sharing.. escort in lebanon

meribachitumho

On the off chance that you set out to make me think today; mission fulfilled! I truly like you"re composing style and how you express your thoughts. Much obliged to you. media coverage

I wish more writers of this sort of substance would take the time you did to investigate and compose so well. I am exceptionally awed with your vision and knowledge. golf swing trainer

Intel

Hi. I discovered your online journal utilizing msn. This is a to a great degree elegantly composed article. I will make certain to bookmark it and come back to peruse a greater amount of your helpful data. A debt of gratitude is in order for the post. I"ll absolutely rebound. cheap seo plans

meribachitumho

On the off chance that you set out to make me think today; mission fulfilled! I truly like you"re composing style and how you express your thoughts. Much obliged to you. cra assessment

meribachitumho

Extremely helpful post. This is my first time i visit here. I discovered such a variety of fascinating stuff in your online journal particularly its exchange. Truly its extraordinary article. Keep it up. iphone 5 cases

meribachitumho

On the off chance that you set out to make me think today; mission fulfilled! I truly like you"re composing style and how you express your thoughts. Much obliged to you. lebanon escort

robinjack

Exceptionally helpful post. This is my first time i visit here. I discovered such a variety of fascinating stuff in your web journal particularly its exchange. Truly its extraordinary article. Keep it up. trust flow backlinks

robinjack

This is exceptionally instructive substance and composed well for a change. It's pleasant to see that a few individuals still see how to compose a quality post! colonial penn life insurance

robinjack

That is the phenomenal mentality, in any case is simply not make each sence at all proclaiming about that mather. For all intents and purposes any strategy an abundance of thanks notwithstanding i had attempt to advance your own particular article into delicius by and by it is evidently a situation utilizing your data locales would you be able to please recheck the thought. much appreciated yet again. SEO link building

FriedYardBird

C'mon fellas. Did you not read the article? The kid had COLLAPSED MUSCLES, clearly the result of a nine story fall. You don't get collapsed muscles from drunkenly tripping over your roommates backpack.

J

Of course Bill C is right. Shame on the Red and Black for reporting such an absurd story. UGA has a Journalism School and this type of bologna is a poor reflection on the school in general, stimulating silly drama, social media gossip and ignorance. College is stressful enough without adding to the anxiety of students and parents, etc.

Bill C

no way this is possible or even close to true. Not sure why these kids would make this up, but you dont fall 9 floors and live to tell about it.