Christian Lee Hutson

Christian Lee Hutson plays Flicker Theatre and Bar on Feb. 10.

Singer-songwriter Christian Lee Hutson returns to Athens with some new emotional, bluesy ballads at the Flicker Theatre and Bar on Tuesday, Feb. 10.

The Los Angeles born artist released his sophomore album "Yeah Okay, I Know" on Jan. 6 and is excited to be back in the Classic City since playing AthFest last year.

“I have some friends in Athens and it’s one of the live music capitals, in my opinion, in the country,” Hutson said.

The touring never stops for Hutson, who spent a month at the beginning of the year in Europe, with his favorite shows being in the small towns in southern Germany.

He appreciates the smaller shows because it feels like the people there actually want to listen to the music instead of being there simply to hang out at the bar.

Hutson played 236 shows in 2014 and will continue to tour for most of 2015 to promote his new album.

This time period represents a step forward in Hutson's career as well as personal life.

“I’m two years sober now and when I made my first record, I was very much not sober,” Hutson said.

The modern folk duo Cicada Rhythm will open for Hutson at the show. Tickets are $5 for 21+, and the show starts at 8 pm.

He wrote the majority of the songs on the album himself, except for two which he co-wrote with David Mayfield, a Grammy-nominated producer.

“I drew inspiration from my chronic loneliness and really heightened self-awareness, to the point that I even feel bad for feeling lonely,” Hutson said.

His music has been compared to that of The Tallest Man on Earth, with both having a folk, bluesy sound. However, Hutson listens to anything from '70s folk to even Taylor Swift.

Hutson filmed a music video for every song on the album, since he couldn’t decide on which few songs to make videos for.

He released one video a month last year as he made stops along the tour, shooting the videos in places such as New York, Los Angeles, Nashville and Texas.

However, Hutson has even more plans ready for 2015.

“I’ve made two more records after this one that I will release at some point, but I’m anxious because I have a lot that people haven’t heard yet. So we’ll possibly put out another record toward the end of the year,” Hutson said.