Life In Color

Life In Color will take place April 26 at the Classic Center.

Color throwing is everywhere now, but it all started with Dayglow.

Now renamed Life In Color, for the past seven years students across the country have participated in the spectacular show.

The tradition began in Florida in 2006 and has since transformed into a world famous event that blends together a combination of high-energy music, dance and paint.

Callen Carroll, a junior from Eastman attended Life In Color last year when it made a stop on its tour at the Classic Center.

“It was unique from any other concert I’ve been to,” Carroll said.

The show features disc jockeys, aerial acts, stilt-walkers, contortion acts, fire shows and cannons to deliver the much anticipated “paint blast.”

“Having paint sprayed all over you and the crowd definitely changed the atmosphere. It was suddenly like a huge party where people you don’t even know are dancing with you and having a great time in the paint,” Carroll said.

Life In Color has grown larger each year. Shows are selling out days before the event and attendance has grown to be record breaking.

The attraction has even been a featured stage at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami since 2009. In 2010, Life In Color launched its first show outside the United States in Cancún, Mexico, which sold out, attended by 4,300 people.

Life in Color will be returning to Athens on April 26. The Classic Center will play host to disc jockey Rusko, the featured artist for the evening.

“I’ve already bought my ticket and started working on my outfit. I’m really excited because this year it’s a pretty big DJ,” Carroll said.

LIFE IN COLOR

WHEN: April 26, 8:30 p.m.

WHERE: Classic Center

PRICE: $35-$70