Thursday, Sept. 11

Happy Happy Birthday to Me Records Showcase - Caledonia

Thursday, the Caledonia Lounge will host to a wide variety of bands as part of a showcase for Happy Happy Birthday to Me Records. The roster of artists include local big names such as Muuy Biien, Tunabunny and more. There's no better time to see all the notable Athens bands than all at once. Ticket prices for 21+ are to be announced, $2 for 18-20 and the show begins at 8 p.m.

Friday, Sept. 12

Killer Mike - 40 Watt

Killer Mike, one of the most notable Southern hip-hop artists, half of the duo Run the Jewels and barbershop owner, is coming to the 40 Watt Club in a show presented by Athens Intensified. Mike's debut on Outkast's "Stankonia" LP, led him to be signed to T.I.'s Grand Hustle Records a few years later. Be sure to catch him ahead of the release of the new Run the Jewels LP in October. Tickets are $15 and the show begins at 9 p.m.

Saturday, Sept 13

Cibo Matto - 40 Watt

Cibo Matto, the New York City based Japanese trip-hop duo, received attention in 1996 when its debut album "Viva! La Women" contained a track listing of the names of food. The group disbanded in 2002 until the release of Cibo Matto's third LP "Hotel Valentine," a concept album about ghosts in a hotel, in 2014. The group's Athens debut at the 40 Watt Club promises to be interesting. Tickets are $16 and the show begins at 9 p.m.

Ty Segall - GATH

Fresh off the release of his critically acclaimed seventh studio album "Manipulator," San Francisco based garage rocker Ty Segall is set to makes an appearance in Athens at the Georgia Theatre. The album goes from verging on slight punk territory with his fuzzy guitar riffs to songs that are reminiscent of a sun drenched summer with beach-like vocals. It will be interesting to see how Segall pulls all of this together live. Tickets are $12 and the show begins at 9 p.m.​