Alabama Shakes

The Alabama Shakes are a southern rock outfit that started in Athens, Alabama.

This week in music saw new tracks and performances from southern rockers Alabama Shakes to rap icon Kanye West.

Alabama Shakes

“Gimme All Your Love”

In February, Alabama Shakes released their first single “Don’t Wanna Fight”. The band recently performed on SNL where they premiered their second single “Gimme All Your Love” which finds the band playing a slow to fast dynamic. Alabama Shake’s upcoming album “Sound & Color” is due out April 21.

My Morning Jacket

“Big Decisions”

Rock band My Morning Jacket announced its first album in over 4 years. The new album is titled “The Waterfall." The band released their first single “Big Decisions” as well as the album’s track list and cover art. My Morning Jacket also announced a world tour, including a show at the Georgia Theatre on May 15.

Kanye West

“All Day”

In a recent interview, Kanye said that his follow up to “Yeezus” was 80 percent completed, and he played new songs in his shows. This week, West announced that his upcoming album will be called “So Help Me God” and revealed the album artwork. He also released the hard hitting single “All Day."

West previously released “Only One” which features Paul McCartney and has announced that the song “Wolves” featuring Sia will be the first track on the album.

Speedy Ortiz

“The Graduates”

Speedy Ortiz recently released its first single, the fantastic “Raising the Skate," off of theupcoming album “Foil Deer,” due out April 21. This week, the band released their next single “The Graduates." This will be Speedy Ortiz’s first album since their critically acclaimed “Major Arcana."

Modest Mouse

“Of Course We Know”

Indie rock giant Modest Mouse released its fifth single this week, titled “Of Course We Know,” off of the upcoming album “Strangers to Ourselves”. The album is due out on March 10. This is the band’s first effort since 2009’s “No One’s First, and You’re Next." The band also announced a tour and will be visiting the Georgia Theatre on March 9. ​