UGA down, Georgia up in number of sugar babies

According to SeekingArrangement.com, the world’s largest sugar daddy dating website, the University of Georgia recently fell from the No. 2 school, according to the number of students registered, to No. 8. Photo Illustration by KATHRYN INGALL/The Red & Black

You can’t stay on top forever.

According to SeekingArrangement.com, the world’s largest sugar daddy dating website, the University of Georgia recently fell from the No. 2 school, according to the number of students registered, to No. 8. The state of Georgia, however, is booming for sugar daddies looking for companions and sugar babies looking to make extra money.

Atlanta rated as the No. 1 city for sugar daddies, taking the spot from San Francisco, last year’s winner. The average Atlanta sugar daddy is 39-years-old and makes about $361,959 per year.

He also spends on average $3,644 monthly on his sugar babies.

And with Atlanta is the sugar daddy capital, Georgia State University is the college with the highest number of sugar babies with accounts on SeekingArrangement.com. According to Mail Online, GSU has 292 female students signed up for the site. UGA has almost half as many with 148.

SeekingArrangement.com’s blog said that the two highest professions for sugar daddies were entrepreneurs and professionals. In Atlanta, there are about six sugar daddies per 1,000 adult males.

The average age and income of sugar daddies has fallen since 2007, and the site’s founder said it was showing a change in sugar daddy lifestyles.

“The term ‘Sugar Daddy’ is simply not a moniker reserved for the ‘one percent.’ Rather, it is a lifestyle embodied by single men who have a genuine, vested interest in adding value to their partners’ lives,” Brandon Wade, Founder & CEO of SeekingArrangement.com, said in a press release. “Last year, the number of single men joining our website doubled, reducing the number of married men who engage in this lifestyle.”