Widespread Panic, a band founded in Athens in 1986 with 19 albums to its credit and nationally known as a touring force, will be inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame Sept. 20 in Atlanta.

Widespread joins fellow Athenians R.E.M. into the Hall, as well as musicians including Ray Charles, Gladys Knight and the Allman Brothers Band.

"Sharing this honor ... with so many of our greatest musical influences, is something I'm sure none of the Band members imagined when we first started making music together. September 20th is going to be a truly special day for the entire Widespread Panic Family," said John Bell, vocalist and founding member of Widespread Panic, on widespreadpanic.com

Keith Sweat, Ludacris and the late Dotti Rambo will join Widespread Panic as this year's inductees.

Widespread Panic is on the road on their summer 2008 tour, which kicked off with their seventh headlining performance at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.

The banquet will be at Atlanta's Thomas B. Murphy Ballroom in the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Tickets to the event rage from $75 to $100 for individual tickets and $750- $1000 for tables of 10. They are available by calling 770-491-9494.